What is the NextGen Incubator?
The startAD NextGen Incubator is the 4th edition of the flagship Youth Entrepreneurship Program of startAD. This virtual program activates university students of the UAE to take advantage of the favorable entrepreneurial environment in the region, and equips them with future-ready social, digital, entrepreneurial and business skills that spark curiosity, enhance employability, and encourage innovation. This program is for young innovators in the UAE passionate about developing tech-enabled solutions for some of the greatest global challenges outlined in UNDP’s Sustainable Development Goals – primarily Waste Management, Quality Education, Climate Action and Good Health & Well-being.
Who can apply?
- UAE residents of any nationality between the ages of 18-29 interested in entrepreneurship and innovation. University students in all fields of study are encouraged to apply
- With a startup idea or project aiming to digitize the challenge areas of Education, Economy, Infrastructure, Society. These could include projects or concepts you may have built as a part of your university courses, hackathons, or competitions. However, the challenge is not limited to projects with prior experience or entrepreneurial training. New ideas are welcome!
- Teams are preferred than individual applicants. To derive maximum value from the program, we recommend you have people with different strengths on the team. For instance, a mix of complementary skills of business, engineering, marketing, etc would make for a strong team.
- Develop your innovation through an entrepreneurial, challenge-based process this summer while being trained by the best local and global entrepreneurship experts
- Gain the skills, training, and tools to kick-start any venture. Learn ideation, human-centered and design thinking processes, and problem-solving
- Win cash prizes of up to AED 8,000 each
- Secure opportunities to further advance your projects through training, mentorship, and coaching with startAD’s Youth Entrepreneurship Program
- Access. Leverage opportunities to grow and connect with like-minded peers, and stakeholders in the comprehensive ADEK and startAD network.
March 31, 2021
April 28, 2021
May 15, 2021
June 4-5, 2021
Customer Discovery & Idea Validation
June 7 – July 12, 2021
Prototyping, Business Model Canvas, Go-to-market strategy, Team Building
Startup Showcase Day
June 7 – July 12, 2021