startAD Youth Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
What is it?
Are you curious about the startup scene? Do you have an idea that could have a meaningful impact on hundreds or thousands of people? We can help!
The startAD Youth Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is the perfect opportunity for you to explore your curiosity and grow your entrepreneurial skill sets. Join us and learn about the fundamentals of the Lean Startup approach to develop a successful startup business. At the end of this bootcamp, participants will leave with:
- The tools of innovative thinking to come up with solutions to complex challenges.
- An entrepreneurial mindset to think and act lean: how to achieve a goal with the minimum amount of resources at your disposal.
- Transferable skills that you can use outside of the entrepreneurial space (how to put together a captivating presentation, communication/interpersonal skills through conducting customer interviews, etc.).
- Practical knowledge on how to use strategic management tools such as the Business Model Canvas.
What is the process?
- Submit a short application: Interested students submit a short application to be able to attend the bootcamp. The application form collects basic information and a brief about the startup venture a student/group of students are working on. Only one application per team is required.
- Attend the Bootcamp: Participants will present their startup ideas at the beginning of the bootcamp. The Lean Canvas and Customer Discovery will be discussed in detail during the bootcamps whereby participants will learn the tools to test the value of their solution by talking to prospective customers and partners.
- Conduct Customer Discovery: After attending one of the two bootcamps, participants will conduct at least 10 customer discovery interviews with prospective “customers” or “partners” to test the value of their solution. The customer discovery interviews should be completed between November 16 – December 9.
- Participate in 1-1 coaching and teammate hunting opportunities (optional): Students are encouraged to stop by startAD Central (startAD’s co-working space located in A6 building, Conference Center) every Wednesday, 12-1 pm to speak to a member of the startAD team and receive 1:1 coaching and general guidance. This is also a good opportunity to meet other students interested and form/join teams.
- Present at the Customer Discovery presentation: The bootcamps will culminate with students presenting their ideas and learnings from the customer discovery interviews to the startAD team. Participants must have attended at least one of the bootcamps and conducted a minimum of 10 customer discovery interviews to be eligible to present.
Who is it for?
The bootcamp is open to all NYUAD students who meet the below criteria
- Have an idea for a startup (no prior startup or business experience is required)
- Are passionate and committed to solving the problem addressed by the startup idea
- Teams (of at least 2 members) are preferred over individuals
- Are able to attend the bootcamp (Saturday, November 16, 10am – 3pm)
2019 Bootcamp Date
- Saturday, November 16th (10am – 3pm)
Other key dates
- Application opens: October 10th
- Registration booth 1 in D2: November 11th (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- Registration booth 2 in D2: November 13 (1:30pm – 3pm)
- Application closes: November 13th
- Customer discovery interviews: November 16th
- 1:1 coaching and teammate matching opportunity (optional): Every Wednesday between November 20th – December 4 (11am – 1pm)
- Customer Discovery Presentation: December 9th (5pm – 8pm)
Spaces are limited. Sign up and secure your spot in the bootcamp now!